Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Looking at the Listening Going on in Kindergarten!

My class has been working on exhibiting good listening in our classroom and around our school! Together we brainstormed ideas of what good listening looks like and sounds like and made a poster so we could refer to it everyday. I discussed with students that when I noticed good listening habits being exercised I would take a picture, which eventually turned into our Animoto! We now have this video as a model to watch periodically and to remind ourselves what good listening looks like!

2 comments:

  1. Your Animoto was so nice! I bet the students loved the positive praise of being caught doing the right thing! Its also a great tool to use a few months down the road to reinforce the listening behaviors, to have them recall how they should be following directions. I think I might borrow your idea to introduce listening behaviors and classroom procedures for next year, what a great way to practice and instill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome way to give your students the spotlight! It can be really difficult to get kindergarteners engaged and invested in their learning. This is a fantastic way to show them that they truly have a role in this process. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete